Search Engine Marketing
This consists of enhancing the visibility of a website when someone searches something using a keyword/term on a search engine like Google. It consists of two main methods: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Advertising (SEA).
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
This is the process of bringing traffic to a website through organic search engine results. It has 2 factors of ranking: Content and Backlinks. An SEO has 3 elements: Title Tag, URL, and meta-description.
Search Engine Results on google
-How to configure these 3 elements?
• Title tag
• 50-70 characters
• Company name is specified.
• Attractive to click.
Domain Name is not the URL. A domain should be made up of keywords and be easy to read.
• The Domain name should be as short as possible in order to make it memorable and understandable. It should be pertinent catchy and should be a description of the activity.
• Meta description should be a short eye-catching description of the website.
• Content that is more engaged with will be more successful i.e. if someone cites or links your website it will go to a higher position on google.
• Back-links or entering links are separate links to your website for different sectors.
The popularity of a Website:
Three elements are used to measure the popularity/ rating of a website:
1)The number of links
2)Quality of website
3)Context of the link.
Social media do not have a direct impact on SEO. However, there is an indirect impact on SEO.
Search Engine Advertising (SEA)
SEA stands for Search Engine Advertising, which is also referred to as PPC or Pay-Per-Click. It is advertising directly on a search engine. It shows ad results (sponsored) at the top.
• Define the reason you are doing the ad.
• Make an attractive description.
• Adapt your landing page according to your advertisement.