Mustafeed Zaman, PhD is an Associate Professor of Digital Marketing & Analytics at EM Normandie Business School, France, where he teaches Digital Marketing Strategy, Social Media Marketing, e-Commerce Management & Services Marketing. Dr. Zaman is also the Course Leader for the “Digital Marketing Strategy” and “e-Commerce Management” modules.
Before joining EM Normandie Business School, Dr. Zaman worked at EDHEC Business School (France), La Rochelle Business School (France), Vatel Business School – Tourism and Hospitality Management (Mauritius), University of Paris Descartes (France), and University of Perpignan (France). Dr. Zaman completed his Ph.D. from the Institute of Business Administration, University of Perpignan, France, in the area of ICT Adoption and Web Innovativeness in Tourism SMEs. His research interest includes Innovativeness, Digital Transformation, Technology Acceptance and Adoption, Digitalization of Services, AI, Big Data and Travel, and Tourism & Hospitality Management. His recent research has been published in FT50 and Top-Tiers Journals such as Human Resource Management, Journal of Business Research, Technological Forecasting & Social Change, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, Computers in Human Behavior, Annals of Operations Research, Journal of Strategic Marketing, among others.
Dr. Zaman has received multiple distinctions such as “Valedictorian” from La Rochelle Business School (2012), “Best Paper Award” at the 8th International Conference on Service Management from Virginia Tech, USA (2015), “Best Ph.D. Thesis Award” from the French Association of Tourism Management (2019). In 2020, Dr. Zaman jointly received the prestigious “Academic Excellence Award” from EM Normandie Foundation for pedagogical innovation.
Before starting his academic career, Dr. Zaman worked as a Revenue Management Trainer for independent hotels in France. He also worked as a Digital Marketing Manager for the famous French voluntary hotel chain “Les Collectionneurs” & as a Marketing Coordinator for the prestigious Indian hotel group “Oberoi Group – Oberoi Hotels and Resorts” at their International Sales Office (ISO) in Paris.
Interviews & Tribunes:
- Dr. Zaman’s Tribune on Post Covid-19 Strategy on French Tourism.
- Dr. Zaman’s interview by the French Journal “Les Echos” on “Omni-channel & Phygital“
- Dr. Zaman’s Tribune on The Conversation on the Online Platforms.
List of recent publications & book chapters:
- Sojasi Qeidari, H., Seyfi, S., Hall, C. M., Vo-Thanh, T., & Zaman, M. (2023). ‘You wouldn’t want to go there’: what drives the stigmatization of a destination?. Tourism Recreation Research, 1-12. (ABS 2*)
- Zaman, M., Vo-Thanh, T., Nguyen, C. T., Hasan, R., Akter, S., Mariani, M., & Hikkerova, L. (2023). Motives for posting fake reviews: Evidence from a cross-cultural comparison. Journal of Business Research, 154, 113359. (ABS 3*)
- Vo-Thanh, T., Zaman, M., Thai, T., Hasan, R., & Senbeto, D. (2022). Perceived customer journey innovativeness and customer satisfaction: a mixed-method approach. Annals of Operations Research, 1-26. (ABS 3*)
- Seyfi, S., Hall, C. M., Vo-Thanh, T., & Zaman, M. (2022). How does digital media engagement influence sustainability-driven political consumerism among Gen Z tourists?. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 1-19. (ABS 3*)
- Vu, T. V., Vo‐Thanh, T., Chi, H., Nguyen, N. P., Nguyen, D. V., & Zaman, M. (2022). The role of perceived workplace safety practices and mindfulness in maintaining calm in employees during times of crisis. Human Resource Management, 61(3), 315-333. (ABS 4*, FT50)
- Kurtaliqi, F., Zaman, M., & Sohier, R. (2022). The psychological reassurance effect of mobile tracing apps in Covid-19 Era. Computers in Human Behavior, 131, 107210. (ABS 2*/3*)
- Vo-Thanh, T., Zaman, M., Hasan, R., Akter, S., & Dang-Van, T. (2022). The service digitalization in fine-dining restaurants: a cost-benefit perspective. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 34(9), 3502-3524. (ABS 3*)
- Vo-Thanh, T., Vu, T.-V., Nguyen, N., Nguyen, D., Zaman, M. & Chi, H. (2022), ‘COVID-19, frontline hotel employees’ perceived job insecurity and emotional exhaustion: Does trade union support matter?’, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 30 (6), 1159-1176. (ABS 3*)
- Zaman, M., Vo-Thanh, T., Hasan, R. & Babu, M.M. (2021), ‘Mobile channel as a strategic distribution channel in times of crisis: A self-determination theory perspective’, Journal of Strategic Marketing. (ABS 2*)
- Vo-Thanh, T., Zaman, M., Hasan, R., Rather, R. A., Lombardi, R. & Secundo, G. (2021), ‘How a Mobile App Can Become a Catalyst for Sustainable Social Business: The Case of Too Good To Go’, Technological Forecasting & Social Change, 171, 120962. (ABS 3*)
- Hasan, R., Koles, B., Zaman, M. & Paul, J. (2021), ‘The potential of chatbots in travel & tourism services in the context of social distancing’, International Journal of Technology Intelligence and Planning, 13(1), 63-83. (ABS 1*)
- Vo-Thanh, T., Vu, T.-V., Nguyen, N., Nguyen, D., Zaman, M. & Chi, H. (2021), ‘How does hotel employees’ satisfaction with the organization’s COVID-19 responses affect job insecurity and job performance?’, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, Vol. 29, Issue 6, pp. 907-925. (ABS 3*)
- Zaman, M., Hasan, R., & Shams, S. M. (2022). Impact of Big Data on Tourism and Hospitality: Challenges and Organisational Adaptation. In Business Under Crisis, Volume II (pp. 185-202). Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.
- Zaman, M., Vo-Thanh, T, & Botti, L. 2020, ‘Tackling Overtourism and Related Perverse Impacts by Using DMO Website as Tool of Social Innovation’ in H. Séraphin, T. Gladkikh, & T. Vo-Thanh (Eds.), Overtourism – Causes, Implications and Solutions, pp. 131-147. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.
- Zaman, M., Dauxert, T. & Michael, N. 2020, ‘Kid-friendly digital communication for hotels and service adaptation: Empirical evidence from family hotels’, In H. Séraphin, & V. Gowreesunkar (Eds.), Children in Hospitality and Tourism – Marketing and Managing Expériences, pp. 123-136. De Gruyter, Berlin/Boston.
For more information, please visit Dr. Zaman’s profile on EM Normandie Business School Page, on Google Scholar or stay connected on LinkedIn. You may also follow him on Twitter.