Mustafeed Zaman, PhD is an Assistant Professor of Digital Marketing at the Department of Marketing, EM Normandie Business School, France. Dr. Zaman leads & coordinates “Digital Marketing Strategy” course which is taught in 5 different campuses (Le Havre Campus – France, Caen Campus – France, Paris Campus – France, Dublin Campus – Ireland & Oxford Campus – UK) of EM Normandie Business School to the Master’s level students.
Before joining to EM Normandie Business School, Dr. Zaman worked at EDHEC Business School (France) and at the Institute of Business Administration, University of Perpignan (France). He has also worked as Visiting Lecturer at La Rochelle Business School – Excelia Group (France), University of Paris Descartes (France), Paul Bocuse Institute (France), and Vatel International Business School – Tourism & Hospitality Management.
Dr. Zaman did his PhD on “Website Innovativeness & ICT Adoption by the Tourism & Hospitality SMEs“. His thesis got the “Best PhD Thesis” award from the French Tourism Management Research Association (AFMAT). Today, his main research interests include impact of ICT on Customer Behavior, Innovativeness & ICT Adoption, AI, Service Innovation & Digitalization of Services, ICT in Tourism & Hospitality Industry. His recent research has been published in Technological Forecasting & Social Change, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, Journal of Strategic Marketing, Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Management, International Journal of Culture, Tourism and Hospitality Research, European Journal of Tourism Research, among others. He also serves as a reviewer of several international journals.
Interviews & Tribunes:
- Dr. Zaman’s interview by the French Journal “Les Echos” on “Omni-channel & Phygital“
List of recent publications & book chapters:
- Zaman, M., Vo-Thanh, T., Hasan, R. & Babu, M.M. (forthcoming), ‘Mobile channel as a strategic distribution channel in times of crisis: A self-determination theory perspective’, Journal of Strategic Marketing. (ABS 2*)
- Vo-Thanh, T., Zaman, M., Hasan, R., Rather, R. A., Lombardi, R. & Secundo, G. (forthcoming), ‘How a Mobile App Can Become a Catalyst for Sustainable Social Business: The Case of Too Good To Go’, Technological Forecasting & Social Change. (ABS 3*)
- Hasan, R., Koles, B., Zaman, M. & Paul, J. (forthcoming), ‘The potential of chatbots in travel & tourism services in the context of social distancing’, International Journal of Technology Intelligence and Planning. (ABS 1*)
- Vo-Thanh, T., Vu, T.-V., Nguyen, N., Nguyen, D., Zaman, M. & Chi, H. (forthcoming), ‘COVID-19, frontline hotel employees’ perceived job insecurity and emotional exhaustion: Does trade union support matter?’, Journal of Sustainable Tourism. (ABS 3*)
- Vo-Thanh, T., Vu, T.-V., Nguyen, N., Nguyen, D., Zaman, M. & Chi, H. (2021), ‘How does hotel employees’ satisfaction with the organization’s COVID-19 responses affect job insecurity and job performance?’, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, Vol. 29, Issue 6, pp. 907-925. (ABS 3*)
- Zaman, M., Hasan, R. & Shams, R. (forthcoming), ‘Impact of Big Data in Tourism and Hospitality: Challenges and Organizational Adaptation’, In D. Vrontis, A. Thrassou, Y. Weber, R. Shams, E. Tsoukatos, & L. Efthymiou (Eds), Business Under Crisis: Contextual Transformations and Organisational Adaptations, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Zaman, M., Vo-Thanh, T, & Botti, L. 2020, ‘Tackling Overtourism and Related Perverse Impacts by Using DMO Website as Tool of Social Innovation’ in H. Séraphin, T. Gladkikh, & T. Vo-Thanh (Eds.), Overtourism – Causes, Implications and Solutions, pp. 131-147. Palgrave Macmillan, Cham.
- Zaman, M., Dauxert, T. & Michael, N. 2020, ‘Kid-friendly digital communication for hotels and service adaptation: Empirical evidence from family hotels’, In H. Séraphin, & V. Gowreesunkar (Eds.), Children in Hospitality and Tourism – Marketing and Managing Expériences, pp. 123-136. De Gruyter, Berlin/Boston.